Friday, February 3, 2012

Navy and Lime Living Room

I´ve realized, that lately I was looking up a lot of decor items and rooms incorporating navy and lime green. I just love how fresh and inviting this color combination can be.

Since I love to create mood boards, I went with the living room in navy and lime this time.

Here you go:


  1. I started my board around this rug from Overstock. The trellis design is just gorgeous and very contemporary.
  2. This arm chair from Ikea tucked into the room´s corner could be part of a great reading nook.
  3. I decided to go with the Ektorp sofa (also from Ikea), as many people have raved about its comfort level. The Lack coffee table is also from Ikea and has space below to add a basket for the controls and other odds and ends.
  4. In order to bring in some lime green I chose this pillow from an Etsy seller and these curtains from B,B&B.
  5. A set of navy toss pillows from Target completes the assortment of textiles.
  6. To bring in some lighting I thought that a tripod lamp, such as the one in the picture, would look great.
  7. The blue and grellow wall art from Target pulls all the colors in the room together.
  8. The large white TVstorage unit is also from Ikea and provides lots of open and closed storage. Decorative vases and candles in the color scheme as well as books and family pictures in pretty frames will all look great in here.
  9. For the reading nook, I added another floor lamp from Ikea.
  10. Finally, for the walls I added a neutral beige color (such as Glidden´s Water Chestnut). 
 What do you think of this mood board, and the navy/lime green color combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment