Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tomatoes anyone?

Have you ever grown tomatoes? Usually they need a lot of son, a lot of watering, but at the same time they can't stand water on the stem and leaves.
So, with the desire to create some type of flexibel structure my dad created a little cart a few years ago:

This is kind of what it looks like. It's a slatted board on wheels. Each spring my dad plants his tomatoes in buckets that fit on the base. In those buckets he puts spiraled metal sticks that assists the plants in growing.


Above you can see the base with its buckets and below you can see the spiraled metal sticks.



This simple structure has proven itself time and again. Whenever the sun comes out my dad can push the tomatoes out onto the terrace where they grow best. If he knows it is going to rain, he can quickly park the plants under the porch.

Source


*BTW, still no camera here. I am using the camera that is on my laptop, so my angles might be a little off
* Also that's not a corner of my face on the second photo trying to see if the computer was getting a good picture ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment