Friday, December 9, 2011

No space, no Christmas? - Kein Platz, kein Weihnachten?

Yep, that´s our situation at the moment. We are still in a very small space and there is simply no room to put a tree anywhere. So what´s an Ikea-loving girl to do in such a problematic moment?

Ja, das ist unsere momentane Situtation. Wir leben immer noch auf sehr beengtem Raum und haben ganz einfach keinen Platz für einen Weihnachtsbaum. Was würde ein Ikea-Narr in dieser Situtation machen?

Well, I went to Ikea. As simple as that. Not exactly with the goal to find a solution for my little dilemma, but almost on the way out, there was all the Christmas-stuff on display.

Ganz einfach. Zu Ikea fahren. Natürlich sind wir aus anderen Gründen dort hin gefahren und fast am Ende unseres Rundgangs waren alle Weihnachtssachen ausgestellt.

After going through all the different displays longing for my own tree, I couldn´t believe my eyes when I stumbled upon this:

Nachdem ich mir sehnsüchtig all die Weihnachtsdekorationen angeschaut hatte, konnte ich meinen Augen nicht glauben als ich dies hier entdeckte:

Source
This miny-tree is only about 20 inches tall (56cm) and very narrow. And it fits. Even on a tiny table or a small space on a sideboard or sidetable. To top things of, it was only EUR 12.99 (about 16 USD?).

Dieser Minibaum ist nur etwa 56cm hoch und sehr schmal. Und er passt sogar auf einen kleinen Tisch.

I don´t have to mention that I was thrilled, or do I?

Ich muss nicht schreiben wie sehr ich mich grfreut habe, oder?

Anyhow, I grabbed one of the Feijka-trees (that´s their name), a package with various small, red ornaments and a package with a golden pearl ribbon.

Kurzentschlossen habe ich mir also einen der sogenannten Feijka-Bäume geschnappt, sowie eine kleine Schachtel mit verschiedenen, roten Ornamenten und einer goldfarbenden Perlenkette.

Once home, my son and I started decorating our table top tree:

Sobald wir zu Hause waren, haben mein Sohn und ich angefangen den Baum zu dekorieren.


Maybe, I should say that I tried to decorate and my son ripped everything apart. After some fun and some struggle, we had the tree set up.

Vielleicht sollte ich besser sagen, dass ich versuchte den Baum zu dekorieren, während er alles immer wieder auseinander nahm. Nach einigem Spass und einigem Ärger war der Baum dann doch endlich fertig.


I like how this small tree already changed the flair of an entire (even if small) space.

Mir gefällt besonders gut, wie das ganze Ambiente eines kleinen Raumes mit einem kleinen Weihnachtsbaum geändert werden kann.


The golden pearl ribbon was a little too long for the entire tree, so I just wrapped the end around the tree stump in the planter. That way, I was able to cover up the fake "potting mix" and I added a little more bling to the tree:

Da die Goldkette ein bischen zu lang für den kleinen Baum war, entschied ich mich diese einfach ein paar mal um den "Baumstamm" zu wickeln und die falsche Erde damit abzudecken:
 

Can you see the pearls peeking through?

Hier kann man die Perlen im Topf sehen.

Maybe, I´ll add a pot around the base, or maybe a scarf or something like that.  I´ll see if I find something cheap in the next couple of days.

Vielleicht hole ich noch einen Blumentopf dazu oder benutze einen Schal um den Untertopf zu verschönern. Mal sehen, ob ich hierzu noch was Schönes finde in den nächsten paar Tagen.

Last year, my tree looked like this by the way:

Letztes Jahr sah unser Baum übrigends so aus:

 
Blue, silver and teal. I brought the little angel with me and it is also on this years tree.

Blau, silber und türkis. Den kleinen Engel habe ich mit nach Deutschland gebracht und er hängt auch dieses Jahr wieder am Baum.


Linked up here:
- Frugal Friday
- Show and Share Day 
- Christmas Tree Party

3 comments:

  1. I think it is simply beautiful. I love the red, and the size doesn't matter in the least. Glad you found something to brighten your tiny space for the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nice comment :)
    I am loving the tiny red tree too.
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a tiny tree as well. I think they provide a disproportionate amount of Christmas joy to a room!
    http://annabelvita.com/the-teensiest-tree-in-town

    ReplyDelete