Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meal Plan Sunday - 8/7/2011

This is where I would post my meal plan for the week, but I have to admit that I am rather planless. In a few days, we will be moving, so I will be making nothing but creations with items we already have on hand. Hopefully, there won't be any real grocery shopping this week.

What am I planning on create with the leftovers?

Here is an example:

Hazelnut-Sugar-Cookies



I covered a cookie tray with aluminum foil.

I collected miscellaneous ingredients I had flying around in my cupboards. They included honey, syrup, chocolate powder, hazelnuts, brown sugar, and flower.


I combined 1/2 cup of butter, 2 Tbsp of Syrup and all of the brown sugar I found (about a cup) in a sauce pan.


Once the mix was completely liquid, I added a cup of hazelnut, 1 Tbsp of Chocolate Powder and 1/2 cup of flower.



This is what my creation looked like.

I then dropped spoons of the dough on my cookie sheet and out the whole thing in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes.



After ten minutes I had some very sweet cookies. My son loved them, I had some too. I am not sure if this is a keeper recipe though, because these are some very sweet hazelnutty cookies.


"Enjoy".

No comments:

Post a Comment