Saturday, July 9, 2011

Messing up the Mashed Potatoes

About 2 years ago, I started adding a little twist whenever making mashed potatoes. Why? Because I love to add veggies to my dishes whenever possible.

Here is what I came up with for this simple and quick meal.

1) Cook a good amount of potatoes in salt water

2) Rinse and then start making the puree by adding a little bit of salted butter, some milk or even heavy cream. Keep mixing and adding a bit of liquid at a time until the potatoes are fluffy and a tad creamy

3) Open one can of carrots and peas, rinse and add to the potatoes

4) Stir until the veggies are well "distributed" among the potatoes
5) You can serve this with some kind of meat, another side dish of veggies or as in my case with rice and bean leftovers (can you spot the green peppers I hid in the beans?)
Veggie Mashed Potatoes




No comments:

Post a Comment