Do you remember the delicious art work I posted about the other day? One of the cards was a very easy recipe for a peach cake, which I tried out (slightly altered) over the weekend.
You only need a few ingredients:
- A yellow cake mix (which usually required 2 eggs or so)
- Fruit that is in season right now (peaches, berries, etc)
- Heavy cream
- Confectioners sugar
Here is what you do:
1) Prepare the yellow cake following instructions on the box (you can also make this yourself). I lined a cake pan with aluminum foil in order to be able to remove my cake in one piece.
2) Let cool and cut cake in half.
3) Whip up a good amount of whipping cream with a bit of sugar and confectioners sugar.
4) Cover first layer with sliced fruit (I used pears, since I had them on hand)
4) Spread whipped cream over the fruit:
5) Add second layer of cake and second layer of fruit (make sure to put some fruit aside for decorating):
6) Go ahead and decorate the whole thing with remainder whipped cream, remainder fruit and cinnamon:
7) Put your cake in the refrigerator for half an hour or so, and then enjoy a slice with coffee or tea: