As I promised earlier this week, I would like to share a very easy recipe for rice pudding. For us, warm rice pudding just can't miss on the menu every once in a while. I especially love how one can have this for dessert, breakfast, or just because.
Now to the ingredients: You'll need the following:
- 2 cups of white rice
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
Here is what you have to do:
- Add water and rice to a big pot and bring to boil
- Wait, stirring occasionally, until the rice is almost done ('al dente')
- Add milk and condensed milk
- Continue boiling until the rice is fully cooked; make sure to stir often, as the milk will rise easily
- If the rice pudding needs a little more sweet, add a tbsp or so of sugar
- If the rice pudding seems a little "dry", add some more milk
- Let cool and serve with fruit, cinnamon or coconut flakes
This recipe will be enough to serve 5 - 6 people. You can also refrigerate leftovers and eat the next day.