Monday, June 20, 2011

Some more deals

Besides my regular food shopping trip, I used some CVS deals to stock up on diapers, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Here is what I got this weekend:

And here is the breakdown of my trip:

Transaction 1)
- Pampers Diapers: $ 20.00 (reduced from 24.99)
                             - $    1.50 (manufacturers coupon)
- Huggies Wipes:    $   6.00  (reduced from 7.99)
                             - $    0.50 (manufacturers coupon)
--------------------------------------------------------------------> $ 24.00 Out-of-pocket, earn 10 ECBs
Transaction 2)
-  Credit from ECBs: - $ 10.00
- Colgate toothpaste:    $  2.79 (reduced from $3.19; earns 2 ECBs)
                                   - $  0.35 (Manufacturers coupon)
- Colgate kids toothpaste: $ 3.99
- 2 CVS toothbrushes   $ 2.80 (reduced from $ 3.74)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------> $ 0.00 Out-of-pocket; 2.77 ECBs leftover

Transaction 3)

- Credit from ECBs:           $ 2.77
- 2 CVS toothbrushes:     - $ 2.80 (reduced from $ 3.74)
- 1 Lysol Multi-Cleaner: - $ 4.99 (which in hindsight I didn't pay enough attention on the price and paid far too much for it)
---------------------------------------------------> $ 5.02 Out-of-pocket
Tax still needs to be included though.

A few more thoughts about the drug store game:
1) I need to stop spending my ECBs right away. Instead of earning and spending all of my ECBs on the same day, I have to make more of an effort to transfer those extrabucks to another shopping trip.
2) I have to be more careful with the money I spent on some items (see my overcharged cleaner).

As I am still learning, I think I can be happy about my achievements today, but I will more of an effort to get to know the game and to follow its "rules" better.

No comments:

Post a Comment