Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Time Saver

Last week, I came home one night, and did what's on the plan many nights - cooking. But instead of cooking only for one dinner and maybe tomorrow's lunch, I made a double batch and froze the rest.
Here is last night's creation:

Quick Wraps:

Here is what you need:
- 1 10-pack of wraps
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 - 2 cups of shredded carrots
- Salt, Pepper, 1 cube of chicken broth

Here is what you do:
- fry the ground beef in a skillet until brown

  - in the meantime shred carrots, cut pepper and onion in small pieces
- Add vegetables to meat and stir occasionally for a few minutes
- Add salt, pepper, and the chicken broth cube
- Keep stirring for a few more minutes
- Add two scoops of the mix on a wrap
I added a little bit of mozzarella cheese and then folded my wrap and served it with a side salad and juice.

Enjoy!

By the way, I then used the remainder of the meet and finished all the other wraps. I covered each in a paper towel and then aluminum foil and froze them in ziploc bags.


With maybe 10 minutes worth of extra work I just prepared a few more dinners for my family that will save me precious time down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment